Atal Pension Yojana :- Atal Pension Yojana (APY), a pension scheme for citizens of India is focused on the unorganized sector workers. Under the APY, guaranteed minimum pension of Rs. 1,000/- or 2,000/- or 3,000/- or 4,000 or 5,000/- per month will be given at the age of 60 years depending on the contributions by the subscribers. Any Citizen of India can join APY scheme. Following are the eligibility criteria:
Brief Summary of APY Scheme
|Name Of Scheme||Atal Pension Yojana|
|Introduced by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Nodal Agency||Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)|
|Introduction Date||Year 2015|
|Start Date to Apply||Available Now|
|Last Date to Apply||Not Yet Declared|
|Status of Scheme||Active|
|Objective||To Provide Social security|
|Mode of Application||Offline through Bank|
|Type of Scheme||Central Government Scheme|
Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a very beneficial social security scheme for people working in the unorganized sector. By investing in APY, you get regular income to spend after retirement.
- The age of the subscriber should be between 18 – 40 years.
- He/She should have a savings bank account/ post office savings bank account.
The prospective applicant may provide Aadhaar and mobile number to the bank during registration to facilitate receipt of periodic updates on APY account. However, Aadhaar is not mandatory for enrollment.
- Candidate should be a Indian Citizen
- Subscribers should have a saving bank account.
- Aadhaar Card
- Identity Proof
- Mobile Number
Age to Join APY
- Minimum age to join is 18 Years
- Maximum age to join is 40 years
Benefits of APY Scheme
- It is a social security Scheme.
- Subscriber of APY gets a guaranteed pension of Rs.1000/- to Rs.5000/- per month.
- Tax benefits under this scheme are same as applicable under National Pension Scheme.
- It is an auto debited scheme.
- 100 percent secure because regulated by central govt. body.
NEED FOR PENSION
- A Pension provides people with a monthly income when they are no longer earning.
- Decreased income earning potential with age.
- The rise of nuclear family-migration of earning member.
- Rise in cost of living.
- Increased longevity.
- Assured monthly income ensures dignified life in old age.
The co-contribution of the Government of India is available for 5 years, i.e., from the Financial Year 2015-16 to 2019-20 for the subscribers, who join the scheme during the period from 1st June, 2015 to 31st March, 2016 and who are not covered by any Statutory Social Security Scheme and are not income tax payers
- Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952.
- The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1948.
- Assam Tea Plantation Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision, 1955.
- Seamen’s Provident Fund Act, 1966.
- Jammu Kashmir Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1961.
- Any other statutory social security scheme.
How To Download APY Account Statement
- Steps To Be Followed For Downloading The Apy Account Statement –
- Click On Home & Select “Atal Pension Yojana (Apy)”
- Select “Apy E-pran/Transaction Statement View”
- Enter Name + Bank A/C No. + Dob & Print Or Enter Pran* + Bank A/C Number & Print
How To Check APY Statement
Pran Is Available In The Apy Contribution Debit Narration In Your Account (Pran Begins With “5” & Is 12 Digit Number)
For whom is Atal Pension Yojana (APY)?
Any Indian can start investing in the Atal Pension Yojana (APY). You must have a bank account to participate in the Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
It is also necessary to be linked to Aadhaar card to open an APY account. Atal Pension Yojana (APY) can be availed only to those people who are outside the income tax slab.
What is the age limit in APY?
The people for the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) are divided into 6 parts. To take advantage of the Atal Pension Yojana (APY), you must be between 18 and 40 years old. To get pension under APY, you have to invest for at least 20 years.
How much pension will APY get?
The pension amount in APY depends on the investment you have made and your age. Under Atal Pension Yojana (APY), a minimum monthly pension of Rs 1,000 and maximum of Rs 5,000 can be got. From the age of 60, you will start getting pension under APY.
What is the benefit of APY?
The sooner you join the Atal Pension Yojana (APY), the more benefit you will get. If a person joins the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) at the age of 18, then he will have to invest Rs 210 every month.
After retirement, from the age of 60, you will get a monthly pension of Rs 5000 every month.
Who can not join APY?
Such people who come under the purview of Income Tax, are government employees or are already taking advantage of schemes like EPF, EPS, they cannot become part of Atal Pension Yojana (APY).